Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the ultimate 1970s psychological thriller. John Cassavetes veteran Seymour Cassel stars as George Manning, a family man whose perfect life is turned into a nightmare of sex and torture when he allows himself to be seduced by two nubile young strangers (Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp) who show up at his door on a rainy night. Considered lost for many decades, DEATH GAME is being presented for for the first time on home video in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio, meticulously restored in 4K from the original camera negative.
- Spectacular new 4K restoration created from the original camera negative
- Provocative, in-depth interviews with cult movie legend Colleen Camp (GAME OF DEATH, APOCALYPSE NOW) and director Peter Traynor, conducted by Eli Roth
- Additional interviews with co-star Sondra Locke, producer Larry Spiegel, cinematographer/editor David Worth, and screenwriter Michael Ronald Ross
- Audio commentaries by Colleen Camp & Eli Roth, and Larry Spiegel & David Worth
- Liner notes by cinema historian David Szulkin
- Extensive still galleries
- Beautiful embossed slipcover with new art by esteemed painter Dave Lebow
- AND OTHER SURPRISES!
(Trailer, Audio commentary, Deleted scenes, etc)
- CD – Original Soundtrack
by Jimmie Haskell – newly discovered and remastered in 24bit/192Khz
"A grisly stab at horror exploitation."
"Man-hating lesbians threaten the sanity of a well-to-do
San Franciscan in this tight thriller."
- Box Office Magazine
"An extremely well made, engrossing and often shocking film that bears watching if you have the stomach for it... a relentlessly painful and violent film. Traynor shows the gross sickness of a violent society."
- Doug de Lisle, The Times Record